Make Juicing A Natural Part Of Your Daily Life
If you want a great way to get extra vitamins, minerals and fiber into your diet, and especially for the kids, then look at juicing. Juice is yummy. It’s a great way to get kids to drink their vegetables, when they might turn up their noses at the green stuff on their plate.
If you are new to juicing, start out with fruits that you already enjoy eating, so you enjoy the juice as well as getting the health benefits. If you start juicing using stuff you’ve never tried before, you may not like the juice and you might not continue making them, so you don’t get the benefits.
Bananas and papayas do not seem to do well in a juicer. You can still use them with juice, but it is best to stick them in a blender. They are very thick, and tend to work better when making fruit smoothies or any type of frozen dessert that you make. If you are new to juicing, here are some juicing recipes that can start you off and give you ideas for what will work well and what you might like. You can find more juicing recipes here.
The biggest key in juicing is curiosity. Wanting to try new foods, things you’ve never even heard of before, will make your journey more tasty and exciting! Explore international produce markets to find vegetables and fruit that could change your life forever. Look online to research what vitamins and nutrients they contain.
Juicing at home doesn’t have to be costly or time consuming. You can drastically improve the way that you feel and look, and the way that your kids feel and look, by just juicing for one segment of the day. Work it into breakfast, lunch or dinner to make all the difference in your families health.
Listed Price: $99.99
Sale Price: $46.99
Good for your health Aicok Energy Efficient Juicer provides can be an easy way to get the nutrients and vitamins without the harmful additives. The fast, powerful blade system extracts fresh, deliciou…Read more…
Drink Your Water
Not Drinking Enough Water?
Sometimes it feels like hard work to take in enough water to keep your body hydrated, especially if you are on a diet and trying to stay off soda and other sweet drinks. Even diet drinks are not suitable for those on a diet, because the sweeteners they contain can also cause an insulin spike, just like sugar, making you feel hungry.
Water is just too … Plain!
We all know water is best. And if you are very thirsty, it is no problem to drink cool, sweet water straight down. But other times, it may seem too boring a drink, even if you KNOW you need it to avoid constipation and to bulk out the fiber so it doesn’t clog up your intestines. Milk can be constipating for some people, who may find it best to stick to water. So here are some possible suggestions for drinking down that water in ways that are anything but boring:
As with anything you put in your body, check what it says on the label first. If you are tempted to buy flavored water, look to see if it contains any artificial sweeteners, if so, avoid it: those sweeteners can produce an insulin spike, just like sugar that will make you feel hungry. Make your own flavored low calorie water:
- Get those little herbal tea bags and pour boiling water on, wait 5 minutes and drink;
- Make chilled herbal tea by adding less boiling water, waiting the 5 minutes, then adding ice cubes for a cool drink;
- Add the teabag to cold water and leave in the fridge overnight;
- Add some frozen fruit from your freezer to plain cold water and leave to sit in the fridge or carry it with you in a flask to work. Raspberries work well and you can eat them afterwards for extra fiber;
- Squeeze half a lemon and put the peel into a large mug or jug and pour on a pint of boiling water. Leave to cool, then add the juice from the squeezer;
- Add a couple of slices of fresh ginger root when pouring in the boiling water to the lemon drink in number 4;
- Add a stock cube to boiling water and allow to cool for a savory hot drink (not for those on low salt);
- Use low sodium bouillon cubes in hot water for a savory drink;
- black tea or black coffee.
If you are not on a diet and don’t need the fiber, then try drinking juices or smoothies. There are many tasty flavors available or you can easily make your own using a juicing machine. The problem with juices when on a diet is (a) the amount of sugar they contain, especially if you make them with fruit and (b) juicing can remove the fiber in some cases, so you either need to add the removed fiber back into your drink or add extra to your drink. Adding fiber to a juice is a good way of taking extra fiber. You can make green smoothies using vegetables if you want a healthy, low carb drink.
Motivate Yourself To Drink Water
- Make up your daily water allowance in bottles and stack them on the counter. Seeing the number of empty bottles mount is motivating.
- If you have one large container, put a sticky flag on the side each time you drink from it, to show how the level is dropping.
- Award yourself a dollar every day you drink your full water allowance. Put it in a jar to watch the coins mount up.
- Drink little and often. Don’t force yourself to chug down large gulps infrequently.
Awesome, Natural Juices For Weight Loss
You may already know that nature holds the key to easy, tasty weight loss. Juices offer one of the safest and yummiest ways to lose weight almost effortlessly. If you are interested in learning about juices for weight loss, then you’ve come to the right place. Juicing is safe and it is good for you, boosting energy levels and contributing to your overall good health, as part of your weight loss strategy.
Here is one of our favorite juices for weight loss – Greenade
4 Kale Leaves
Juice of one lemon
2 cup spinach leaves, washed and dried
After washing the ingredients, blend and strain for a delicious treat for your body! If you want to make your own healthy juices, you will need a juicing machine.
Listed Price: $99.99
Sale Price: $66.94
The VonShef Juicer has a maximum power of 700W and comes with numerous removable parts designed to produce high quality juice again and again. Included in the juicer is an extra-large transparent 70oz…Read more…
Sauder Peppercorn Etagere Bath Cabinet, Cinnamon Cherry Finish
Sauder Etagere in Cinnamon Cherry finish. Space saving cabinet fits over toilet. Cubbyhole storage features two adjustable shelves. Faux granite finish shelf with Ever Sheen top-coat provides clear, d…
Pratico Kitchen 18oz Leak-Proof Glass Bottles, Juicing Containers, Water / Beverage Bottles – 6-Pack
Glass Bottles Are the BESTWhy Pratico Kitchen Clean Glass Bottles are better than plastic bottles & why you should buy them:★ Non-porous surface doesn’t absorb odors or flavors & is naturally cleane…